|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1/2 tsp. baking soda|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/2 tsp. grated orange rind|
|3/4 cup orange juice|
|1 egg, beaten|
|2 Tbsp. melted butter|
|1/2 cup coarsely chopped cranberries|
|1/4 cup chopped nuts|
- Toss or sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the orange rind, orange juice, and egg.
- Stir the liquid ingredients along with the melted butter into the dry
ingredients, mixing only enough to moisten.
- Fold in the cranberries and nuts.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins and bake in a preheated
350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes
Makes: 10 muffins
Based on a recipe from The L. L. Bean Book of New England Cookery, by Judith
and Evan Jones, p 498-499.